Posts tagged Megan Sikora
Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, u/s Nessarose – Chicago, Broadway) has been cast as an understudy in the current Broadway play, THE NANCE. Ms. Sikora covers the roles of Joan, Carmen and Rose, the Wardrobe Mistress. THE NANCE began previews at the Lyceum Theatre on March 21 and will officially open on April 15. THE NANCE tells the story of Chauncey Miles (played by Nathan Lane), a headline performer in the 1930s New York burlesque scene, who happens to be openly gay. To purchase tickets, please visit www.telecharge.com/Broadway/The-Nance/Overview.
- Renee Lawless-Orsini (Ensemble, u/s Madame Morrible – 1st Ntl. Tour) worked with Dolly Parton in her unaired sitcom, called HEAVENS TO BETSY. One episode was recorded but not released. According to IMDB, [Dolly Parton] played a woman who had died and was trying to earn her wings to get into Heaven.
- Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Broadway, Chicago) toured with the German production of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST when she was nineteen. She also danced ballet in the 1998 Winter Olympics.
- Peter Kevoian (former Wizard – Chicago) is the little brother of Bob Kevoian, one of the hosts of the nationally syndicated radio show THE BOB & TOM SHOW.
Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Chicago, Broadway) will be among the performers at the 20th Anniversary Gala of New York City Center’s Encores! The show takes place at City Center at 7pm on November 12. You can also purchase tickets to the benefit dinner, tacking place after the show. Encores! puts on performances of musicals whose scores are rarely heard. You may purchase show-only tickets or tickets for the show and benefit at www.NYCityCenter.org.
Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Chicago, Broadway) has been cast in the World Premiere of the play UNDER MY SKIN. Performances take place at the Pasadena Playhouse, in Pasadena California, from September 1 - October 7, with an opening night of September 19. UNDER MY SKIN is described as a play where “a twist of fate leads to love and laughs when New York’s most eligible bachelor and a single working mom hilariously experience each other’s lives and see things from a very different perspective.” Ms. Sikora will play the role of Nanette. For tickets and more information, visit www.pasadenaplayhouse.org.
Felicia Ricci (former Elphaba s/b, ensemble u/s Elphaba – San Francisco) performed in “The Jerusalem Syndrome” twice, once with Chandra Lee Schwartz (Glinda – Broadway; former Glinda – 1 Ntl.) and once with Julie Reiber (former s/b Elphaba – Broadway, Los Angeles).
Michelle Federer (original Nessarose – pre-Broadway, Broadway) guest starred on “Smash” as Monica Swift.
Megan Sikora (former ensemble & u/s Glinda – Broadway, Chicago; former u/s Nessarose – Broadway) and Megan Hilty (former Glinda – Los Angeles, 1 Ntl. Broadway; former s/b Glinda – Broadway) performed together in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.”
- Carmen Cusack (former Elphaba – 1st National Tour; former s/b Elphaba – Chicago) has had extensive theatre careers in both the United States and in England. In the United States, in addition to her past experiences in “Wicked”, she is currently portraying Nellie Forbush in “South Pacific”, and in the past, she has portrayed some roles at a regional theatre in Houston, Texas. In the West End, she performed as Fantine in “Les Misérables” and was the alternate for Christine in the National Tour of “Phantom of the Opera”.
- Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Chicago, Broadway) covered the roles of Glinda & Nessarose in the Broadway production, but she was flown out to the Chicago production for several months to cover Glinda after Erin Mackey (former Glinda – Broadway, Los Angeles, Chicago; former ensemble, u/s Glinda – Chicago; former swing – 1st National Tour) was promoted and Christina DeCicco (former Glinda – 1st National Tour) ended up taking over the 1st National Tour instead of taking Mackey’s spot.
- Sabrina Weckerlin (former alternate Elphaba – Stuttgart, Oberhausen) performed in the “Best of Musicals” tour prior to being in “Wicked”, playing Glinda in the section with “Defying Gravity”.
David Hull, Megan Sikora, and Samantha Zack Cast in Ensemble of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying”0
Congratulations to “Wicked’ alumni David Hull (former ensemble, u/s Boq – Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour), Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Chicago, Broadway), and Samantha Zack (former Witch’s Mother – Broadway; former universal swing) for being cast in the ensemble of the upcoming Broadway production of “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying”. The production officially opens March 27 and stars Daniel Radcliffe in the leading role.