Posts tagged Heléne Yorke
Lisa Brescia (former Elphaba – Chicago; former s/b Elphaba – Broadway) played Patti Murin‘s (Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour) mother in THE UNAUTHORIZED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SAMANTHA BROWN.
Stephanie J. Block (former Elphaba – Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Pre-Broadway), William Youmans (former Dr. Dillamond – Chicago; original Dr. Dillamond – Chicago), Jerad Bortz (ensemble, u/s Fiyero – Broadway), Brooke Elliott (former ensemble, u/s Madame Morrible – 1st Ntl. Tour), Alexis Carra (former swing, u/s Witch’s Mother – 1st Ntl. Tour, Los Angeles, Chicago, Broadway), Daniel Torres (former ensemble, u/s Fiyero – 2nd Ntl. Tour), and Briana Yacavone (former swing, u/s Nessarose, u/s Midwife – Broadway; former Nessarose – Los Angeles) were all featured in the original Broadway cast of THE PIRATE QUEEN.
Tiffany Haas (former Glinda, former ensemble, u/s Glinda, u/s Nessarose, former swing, u/s Nessarose - 2nd Ntl. Tour, Broadway) is the only American to have played Glinda full-time on the 2nd National Tour. Heléne Yorke (former Glinda – 2nd Ntl. Tour) and Natalie Daradich (former s/b Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour; former Glinda – 2nd Ntl. Tour; former s/b Glinda, u/s Nessarose – San Francisco, Los Angeles; former ensemble, u/s Glinda, u/s Nessarose – Los Angeles; former swing, u/s Nessarose, u/s Midwife, u/s Witch’s Mother – Los Angeles) are Canadian. Jeanna de Waal (Glinda – 2nd Ntl. Tour) is British.
Heléne Yorke (former Glinda – 2NT) will participate in an industry-only reading of NERDS, a musical “about computer giants Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and their Silicon Valley colleagues”. Ms. Yorke will play the role of Sally. The reading takes place on June 21, 2012 in New York City, New York. The producers plan to bring the musical to Broadway in 2013.
Several former and current Wicked cast members were in the original Broadway cast of the musical Titanic: Alma Cuervo (former Morrible — 1NT), David Garrison (former Wizard — 1NT, Broadway, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco) Jody Gelb (Morrible — 2NT; former Morrible — San Francisco), Martin Moran (Dillamond — 2NT), William Youmans (former Dillamond – Broadway, Chicago), and Melissa Bell Chait (former ensemble, u/s Glinda — Broadway). Additionally, Sean McCourt (former Dillamond — Broadway) join the show later in its run.
Tiffany Haas (former ensemble, u/s Glinda — 2NT; former swing, u/s Nessarose — Broadway) competed in the Miss America pageant in 2002m representing Ohio.
The two women who have been the principle Glinda on the second national tour, Helene Yorke (former Glinda — 2NT) and Natalie Daradich (Glinda — 2NT; former s/b Glinda – Los Angeles, San Francisco; former swing, u/s Glinda, u/s Nessarose – Los Angeles), are both Canadian.
The official “Wicked” website for the 2nd National Touring Company has been updated.
Natalie Daradich (former Glinda s/b, Nessarose u/s – San Francisco; former Glinda s/b & u/s, Nessarose u/s, swing - Los Angeles) has replaced Heléne Yorke as Glinda.
Chris Peluso (former ensemble; u/s Fiyero – 1st National Tour) has replaced Colin Donnell as Fiyero.
Anne Brummel (former ensemble; u/s Elphaba - Chicago, 2nd National Tour) has been promoted to the position of standby for Elphaba, replacing Carrie Manolakos, who is headed to the San Francisco production of the show as temporary standby.
Christine Dwyer has replaced Anne Brummel in the ensemble of the show and as the understudy for Elphaba.
There is a fairly prominent rumor that Natalie Daradich (former swing/ensemble; u/s Nessarose, Glinda in Los Angeles; s/b Glinda in Los Angeles & San Francisco) will be replacing Heléne Yorke as Glinda on the 2nd National Tour of “Wicked”. The date is currently unknown, but we are expecting early March as that would be a year from the 2nd National Tour’s opening date. We’ll let you know when we have more information!
PHOTO: Natalie Daradich as standby Glinda in the San Francisco Production of “Wicked”
Erin Wilson (Ensemble; u/s Madame Morrible – 2nd National Tour) has created a wonderful way for the cast of “Wicked” and its fans to help Haiti “For Good”. Visit her blog by clicking here, where you can bid on some wonderful merchandise and props from the show, including:
- a poster signed by the entire cast of the 2nd National Tour
- promotional photos signed by various cast members of the 2nd National Tour
- REAL props from the show, such as Elphaba & Glinda’s letters to their parents used in “What is this Feeling?”, signed by Marcie Dodd (Elphaba) and Heléne Yorke (Glinda); and Fiyero’s letter to Elphaba, signed by Colin Donnel (Fiyero).
Please visit her site and try to help Haiti “For Good”.
Check out the following media items from the Philadelphia stop of the 2nd National Tour of “Wicked”!
A “Wicked” Nearly Equal to Broadway – Opening Night Review (*Carrie Manolakos as s/b Elphaba)
Crews Finish Preparation for “Wicked” in Philly
Get “Wicked” in Philly – VIDEO Interview with Heléne Yorke (Glinda) and Don Amendolia (The Wizard)
Remember that time on the 2nd National Tour when Heléne Yorke (Glinda) was performing “Thank Goodness” and the power completely shut out?
Similarly, remember that time when Kerry Washington (former West End Madame Morrible u/s) was performing the spell to change the rain to the sun (after “I’m Not That Girl”) and the wrong switch was pulled and the power shut out?
This is just some various trivia about Glinda’s costumes that you may or may not know…
- There have been three different designs for the Bubble Dress: the original (such as what Kristin Chenoweth wore), which had a less sequined top and a flatter bottom; the second one (designed as a more flattering approach for Glindas who were not as small; the bottom puffed out more and the top was more curvy); and the latest one, which was very similar to number two, except the bottom puffed out even more and the bottom was made out of an even shinier material. The three designs are shown right here, in order:
- The actress playing Glinda wears her shoes for the Shiz scenes while in the opening of the show because she has to change clothes & wig in thirty seconds for the next scene.
- The other costumes have also had changes throughout the run, though none as significant as the bubble dress.
- The Glinda wig for shiz was originally straight, but then they changed it to curly, and now they have once again returned to straight, though it has a different twist to it now. Pictures are below:
- Glinda actually has two different wands: one for the bubble and one for the catfight.
These links are media, both in the form of video and text, pertaining to the 2nd National Tour of “Wicked”‘s stop in Wichita, Kansas. This tour currently stars Marcie Dodd as Elphaba and Heléne Yorke as Glinda.