Posts tagged Donna Vivino
We have a few corrections and additions to some posts made last week:
- Donna Vivino is taking over as Elphaba standby on Broadway on August 23, not August 28th as we previously posted.
- Cristy Candler will be performing as Nessarose on Broadway through November only.
- Amanda Rose is not currently covering the role of Nessarose according to the playbill; she is only covering Heather Spore‘s ensemble track.
Donna Vivino (former Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour; former s/b Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour) will be joining the Broadway company of “Wicked” on August 23, 2011 as the standby for Elphaba. She replaces Jennifer DiNoia (s/b Elphaba – Broadway; former former s/b Elphaba, ensemble, u/s Elphaba, u/s Nessarose – Chicago), who has served as standby since February 2008. She confirmed this on her public twitter last night.
The previous rumor that she was slated to take over the role full-time is incorrect as of now.
Rue McClanahan (former Morrible – Broadway) was most well-known for her Emmy-winning portrayal of Blanche Devereaux on the tv show ‘The Golden Girls.’
Richard Kline (former Wizard – 1NT) was is most well-known for his portrayal of Larry Dallas on the tv show ‘Three’s Company.’
As a child, Donna Vivino (former Elphaba, former s/b Elphaba - 1NT) was the original Young Cosette in the original Broadway production of Les Miserables.
We apologize for this post being late – conflicts arose on both of us who were intending to do it!
- Amanda Flynn (former ensemble, u/s Glinda – Los Angeles) is the only American understudy for Glinda who never performed the role; Elinor Collett (former ensemble, u/s Glinda – West End) and Pippa Lloyd (former ensemble, u/s Glinda – West End) are the only two who never went on in the London Production. Every other cover for Glinda and Elphaba has performed the role at some point.
- Stephanie J. Block (former Elphaba – Broadway, 1st National Tour) was in the ensemble and understudied Elphaba in the San Francisco try-out of “Wicked”. She sang the solo lines “No one cries they won’t return!” and “I got here early so I could get a good place!” (which is now cut).
- Several “Wicked” cast members have visited other productions of the show from those they perform with to standby for leading roles – known ones include Jennifer DiNoia (s/b Elphaba – Broadway; former s/b Elphaba – Chicago; former swing, u/s Elphaba & Nessarose – Chicago) and Carmen Cusack (former Elphaba – 1st National Tour; former s/b Elphaba – Chicago) who visited the Melbourne and Sydney productions, respectively; Merideth Kaye Clark (former s/b Elphaba – 1st National Tour; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – 1st National Tour) and Dee Roscioli (former Elphaba – Broadway, Chicago; former s/b Elphaba – Chicago) who visited the San Francisco production; Donna Vivino (former Elphaba – 1st National Tour; former s/b Elphaba – 1st National Tour) who visited the Chicago production, and Heather Spore (ensemble, u/s Glinda – Broadway) who visited the Chicago production.
For those who missed the inagural post last week, click here to learn about this new type of post.
Victoria Matlock (former Elphaba, former s/b Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour) originally auditioned to be the standby for Glinda in the Original Broadway Cast of “Wicked”.
Kendra Kassebaum (former Glinda – San Francisco, Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour) was originally offered the position of standby for Glinda in the Original Broadway Cast of “Wicked”.
Former Elphabas Donna Vivino (former Elphaba, s/b Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour) and Caissie Levy (former Elphaba, s/b Elphaba – Los Angeles; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Broadway) previously worked together in the Broadway production of “Hairspray”, where Ms. Vivino performed as Shelley and understudied the leading role of Tracy Turnblad and Ms. Levy portrayed the role of Penny Pingleton.
Donna Vivino (former Elphaba – 1NT; former s/b Elphaba – 1NT) will be performing at Joe’s Pub on January 24 at 7:00 PM. Tituss Burgess and Stephen Schwartz will also be special guests at this event, entitled “Nowhere Near Normal”. This is Brian Justin Crum’s show. Click here for more information.
Donna Vivino (former Elphaba – 1st National Tour; former s/b Elphaba – 1st National Tour) will be offering master classes in New York City beginning in November. For more information and dates, please visit www.donnavivino.com.
Check out this video of Donna Vivino (former Elphaba – 1NT; former s/b Elphaba – 1NT) being a guest star on MTV’s show “Made”. Ms. Vivino meats Jared, a fan of the show who gets to see it as a reward for training for a power lifting competition.
Check out the following additional media from the 1st National Tour of “Wicked”‘s stop in Houston, TX!
Check out the following articles/videos from the “Wicked” 1st National Tour’s stop in Dallas, TX.
Interview: Tale of two witches is “Wicked” fun, actresses say [Interview with Donna Vivino (Elphaba - 1NT; former s/b Elphaba - 1NT) & Chandra Lee Schwartz (Glinda - 1NT)]
Video Interview: Meet “Wicked” Star Chandra Lee Schwartz [Video Interview with Chandra Lee Schwartz (Glinda - 1NT)]
Video Interview: Sandie speaks with star of “Wicked” musical [Video Interview with Chandra Lee Schwartz (Glinda - 1NT)]
Video Interview: Actor Richard Kline talks acting, singing, golf with Lauren [Video Interview with Richard Kline (The Wizard - 1NT)]
Theater Review: Wicked at Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas [Note: This review incorrectly lists Randy Danson (who normally plays Madame Morrible, but is out on medical leave) as Dr. Dillamond - the role is actually portrayed by Tom Flynn.]
Theater Review part Deux: Wicked at Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas [very detailed review of the show]