Posts tagged Colin Donnell
Check out these clips of Colin Donnell (former Fiyero – 2nd Ntl. Tour) and upcoming Broadway Elphaba Lindsay Mendez singing songs from the new musical LOVES LABOURS’S LOST. Mr. Donnell along with Patti Murin (former Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour) will star in Public Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park production of LOVES LABOURS’S LOST this summer. For ticekts, visit shakespeareinthepark.org.
These audio clips are courtesy of Playbill.com.
Colin Donnell sings “Change of Heart”
Lindsay Mendez sings “Love’s A Gun”
Colin Donnell (former Fiyero – 2nd Ntl. Tour) and Patti Murin (former Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour) have been cast in The Public Theater’s Shakespeare in the Park upcoming production of LOVE’S LABOUR’S LOST: A NEW MUSICAL. This production will run at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park July 23-August 18, with an official opening on August 12. Ms. Murin will play the role of the Princess and Mr. Donnell will play the role of Berowne. This musical features a score written by Michael Friedman and a book by two-time Tony nominee Alex Timbers.
Tickets to the production are free and are distributed, two per person, at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park the day of the show. The Public Theater will also offer free tickets through their Virtual Ticketing lottery at shakespeareinthepark.org on the day of the show.
The Delacorte Theater in Central Park is accessible by entering at 81st Street and Central Park West or at 79th Street and Fifth Avenue.
Check out this episode of Seth’s Broadway Chatterbox with guest Colin Donnell (former Fiyero – 2nd National Tour) being interviewed by host Seth Rudetsky. Mr. Donnell currently appears as “Billy Crocker” in ANYTHING GOES on Broadway. The video is courtesy of BroadwayWorld.com.
Erin Mackey (former Glinda – Broadway, Los Angeles, Chicago; former ensemble, u/s Glinda – Chicago; former swing – 1st National Tour) will be joining the Broadway company of “Anything Goes” on Tuesday, September 13th in the role of Hope Harcourt. She replaces Laura Osnes, who originated the role on Broadway and will be starring aside “Wicked” alums Joel Grey (former Wizard – Original Broadway Cast) and Colin Donnell (former Fiyero – 2nd National Tour).
- Nikki Davis-Jones (s/b Elphaba – West End) was in the ensemble of the movie production of “Mamma Mia!”.
- Rachel Tucker (Elphaba – West End) and Louise Dearman (Glinda – West End) performed a duet of a spoof on “Defying Gravity” at Jest End together, a West End version of “Forbidden Broadway”.
- Both Joel Grey (former Wizard – Original Broadway cast) and Colin Donnell (former Fiyero – 2NT) have leading roles in the current Broadway production of “Anything Goes”. Additionally, Clyde Alves (former swing, u/s Boq, Chistery – Broadway) is in the ensemble of the show.
The official “Wicked” website for the 2nd National Touring Company has been updated.
Natalie Daradich (former Glinda s/b, Nessarose u/s – San Francisco; former Glinda s/b & u/s, Nessarose u/s, swing - Los Angeles) has replaced Heléne Yorke as Glinda.
Chris Peluso (former ensemble; u/s Fiyero – 1st National Tour) has replaced Colin Donnell as Fiyero.
Anne Brummel (former ensemble; u/s Elphaba - Chicago, 2nd National Tour) has been promoted to the position of standby for Elphaba, replacing Carrie Manolakos, who is headed to the San Francisco production of the show as temporary standby.
Christine Dwyer has replaced Anne Brummel in the ensemble of the show and as the understudy for Elphaba.
According to inside information, Chris Peluso (former 1NT Ensemble; u/s Fiyero) will be replacing Colin Donnell as Fiyero in the 2nd National Tour of “Wicked”. We do not have a date as of now but we are assuming early March as that would be a one year contract. We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.
Erin Wilson (Ensemble; u/s Madame Morrible – 2nd National Tour) has created a wonderful way for the cast of “Wicked” and its fans to help Haiti “For Good”. Visit her blog by clicking here, where you can bid on some wonderful merchandise and props from the show, including:
- a poster signed by the entire cast of the 2nd National Tour
- promotional photos signed by various cast members of the 2nd National Tour
- REAL props from the show, such as Elphaba & Glinda’s letters to their parents used in “What is this Feeling?”, signed by Marcie Dodd (Elphaba) and Heléne Yorke (Glinda); and Fiyero’s letter to Elphaba, signed by Colin Donnel (Fiyero).
Please visit her site and try to help Haiti “For Good”.