Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RIP Marin Mazzie
chladag2013 Offline
User

RIP Marin Mazzie
I know she has little to no relation to Wicked, but I can’t not mention the passing of Marin Mazzie. It’s been a day and I’m still in disbelief. What a talent and now she’s gone. I wish Jason speedy recovery. I can’t begin to imagine how he’s feeling.
09-14-2018 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Isaac E. Offline
Founder / Head Administrator

RE: RIP Marin Mazzie
Truly a legend. So gutted to have heard this.

Isaac Evans
Founder & Head Administrator
09-15-2018 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kerrilk Offline
User

RE: RIP Marin Mazzie
This is a bit belated, but this one really hurt... I saw Marin Mazzie in at least 20-25 different roles, beginning in her earliest professional years at the Barn Theatre in Kalamazoo, MI. (I barely remember it, but a few years ago an aunt found a program for a production of Oklahoma! that I saw, starring a young unknown Marin Mazzie and a young unknown Jonathan Larson.) One of the most extraordinary performers on Broadway in the last bunch of years. I will never forget her first performance in The King and I, and how much my heart soared to see her back on stage. She will be truly missed, and I'm so glad the decision was made to dim every theatre's marquee in her honor.
09-24-2018 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply