Both Shoshana Bean (former Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour, Broadway; former s/b Elphaba, u/s Nessarose – Broadway) and Alli Mauzey (former Glinda – Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour, San Francisco; former s/b Glinda – Broadway) have played the role of Sydney in a production of IT’S A BIRD…IT’S A PLANE…IT’S SUPERMAN. Ms. Bean was in the 2007 Musicals in Mufti production and Ms. Mauzey was in the 2013 City Center Encores! production.
Clifton Davis (Dr. Dillamond – 1st Ntl. Tour) played the role of Reverend Reuben Gregory on the television series Amen, which also starred the late Sherman Hemsley.
Both Hayley Podschun (Glinda – 2nd Ntl. Tour) and Phillip Spaeth (former Asst. Dance Captain, swing u/s Chistery – Los Angeles; former swing, u/s Chistery – San Francisco; former Chistery – Broadway) appeared in the 2007 HAIRSPRAY film as part of the Corny Collins Council. Ms. Podschun played the role of Tammy and Mr. Spaeth played the role of Fender.
- Jenny Fellner (Nessarose – 2nd Ntl. Tour; former Nessarose – Broadway) originated the role of Natalie/Ed on the 1st National Tour of ALL SHOOK UP, a role originated on Broadway by Jenn Gambatese (Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour). Also in the original national touring cast were WICKED cast members Alicia L. Albright (Dance Captain, u/s Nessarose – Broadway; former Dance Captain – 2nd Ntl.Tour) and Betsy Struxness (former ensemble – Broadway; former swing, u/s Nessarose – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago). Ms. Albright was the dance captain on the tour, and Ms. Struxness understudied Natalie/Ed.
- While at Elon University in North Carolina, Taylor Trensch (former Boq – Broadway) was the mentor to Grant Gustin, who plays the role of Sebastian on GLEE.
- Both Hayley Podschun (Glinda – 2nd Ntl. Tour) and Caissie Levy (former Elphaba, former s/b Elphaba – Los Angeles; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Broadway) performed in the role of Penny Pingleton in HAIRSPRAY both on Broadway and on the 1st National Tour.
Jenn Gambatese (Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour) and Justin Brill (former Boq, ensemble/ u/s Boq – 1st Ntl. Tour) were both in the original Broadway cast of ALL SHOOK UP. Ms. Gambatese starred as Natalie Heller/Ed. Mr. Brill was in the ensemble and understudied the role of Dean Hyde. Julie Reiber (former s/b Elphaba – Broadway, Los Angeles) would later join the cast as a replacement in the ensemble and understudy for Natalie/Ed.
As child Kate Reinders (former Glinda – Broadway, Chicago) was a Newsboy in Cherry County Playhouse’s production of GYPSY which starred Rita Moreno as Momma Rose. As a adult, Ms. Reinders played Dainty June in the 2003 Broadway revival of GYPSY starring Bernadette Peters.
Adam Wylie (former Boq – Los Angeles) has done a lot of voice over work on animated series such as Batman Beyond, Hey Arnold!, Pepper Ann, and Phineas and Ferb.
Willemijn Verkaik (current Elphaba – Broadway, Elphaba – Holland, Oberhausen, Stuttgart) has performed Elphaba in three languages, Dutch, German, and English, as of February 12, 2013.
Louise Dearman (current Elphaba – West End; former Glinda – West End) is the only woman to have performed as both Elphaba and Glinda in WICKED.
Eddie Pendergraft (ensemble, u/s Boq) painted a mural backstage at WICKED of different scenes from the show, as well as pictures of the Emerald City.
Annaleigh Ashford (former Glinda – Chicago, Broadway; former ensemble, u/s Glinda – 1st Ntl. Tour) made a cameo on the season two premiere of the television series Smash, playing the character Lisa. She also played Lisa in the pilot episode of SMASH.
Rob Mills (former Fiyero – Sydney, Melbourne) was the fifth-place finalist on season one of the television series Australian Idol, which is modeled after the British series Pop Idol. (American Idol is also based on Pop Idol.)
Kristen Faith Oei (former swing, Dance Captain, u/s Witch’s Mother & Midwife – San Francesco; former swing, Asst. Dance Captain, u/s Witch’s Mother & Midwife – Los Angeles, 1st Ntl. Tour) has performed as an understudy for the female lead role of Mary Jane Watson in the Broadway musical SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK.
Stephanie J. Block (former Elphaba – Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Pre-Broadway) uses her middle initial in her name because there is a preacher named Stephanie Block, and Stephanie J. Block would often receive emails intended for the preacher, regarding her sermons and theology.
Lisa Brescia (former Elphaba – Chicago; former s/b Elphaba – Broadway) was Mandy Gonzalez’s (former Elphaba – Broadway) standby in AIDA in the role of Amneris.
Jenna Leigh Green (former Nessarose – Los Angeles, Broadway; former Nessarose, u/s Elphaba – 1st Ntl. Tour) performed the role of Libby Chessler on the television show SABRINA, THE TEENAGE WITCH.
- Renee Lawless (Ensemble, u/s Madame Morrible – 1st Ntl. Tour) worked with Dolly Parton in her unaired sitcom, called HEAVENS TO BETSY. One episode was recorded but not released. According to IMDB, [Dolly Parton] played a woman who had died and was trying to earn her wings to get into Heaven.
- Megan Sikora (former ensemble, u/s Glinda, Nessarose – Broadway, Chicago) toured with the German production of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST when she was nineteen. She also danced ballet in the 1998 Winter Olympics.
- Peter Kevoian (former Wizard – Chicago) is the little brother of Bob Kevoian, one of the hosts of the nationally syndicated radio show THE BOB & TOM SHOW.
Deedee Magno Hall (former Nessarose – San Fransisco, 1st Ntl. Tour) can be heard singing as Princess Jasmine on the Original Disneyland Cast Album of ALADDIN: A MUSICAL SPECTACULAR. ALADDIN: A MUSICAL SPECTACULAR is a 45-minute stage show based on the 1991 Disney film Aladdin.
George Hearn (former Wizard – Broadway) played Grandpa in the film Barney’s Great Adventure, which is based on the children’s television show Barney & Friends. Mr. Hearn also sang in the film.
Andy Karl (former Fiyero – Broadway) played the lead role of Rocky Balboa in a 2011 reading of ROCKY – THE MUSICAL.
Telly Leung (former Boq – Chicago) and Corey Mach (former ensemble, u/s Fiyero – 1st Ntl. Tour) performed together in the Broadway production of GODSPELL.
Stephanie J. Block (former Elphaba – Broadway, 1st Ntl. Tour; former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Pre-Broadway) has said the phrase “no good deed goes unpunished” in two different shows: WICKED and 9 to 5.
Betsy Struxness (former ensemble – Broadway; former swing, u/s Nessarose – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago) and Dan’yelle Williamson (former ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Chicago) have performed together in WICKED, SCANDALOUS, and MEMPHIS.