Is It True…?
We have the following information on the upcoming casting of the 1st National Tour from good sources. This is still not officially confirmed via press release, but our source is very reputable:
Donna Vivino (Elphaba – 1NT; former s/b Elphaba – 1NT) will be leaving on July 4, to be replaced by Jackie Burns.
Stefanie Brown (Ensemble; u/s Glinda, Nessarose) will be leaving the production soon to be replaced by Lauren Ashley Zakrin. Ms. Zakrin will be in the ensemble and an understudy for Glinda; the new Nessarose understudy is unknown at this time.
Chandra Lee Schwartz (Glinda – 1NT) will NOT be leaving the company on July 4.
We have heard a fairly substantial rumor that Alli Mauzey (former Glinda – Broadway; former s/b Glinda – Broadway) will be replacing Kendra Kassebaum (Glinda – San Francisco; former Glinda – Broadway, 1NT) as Glinda in San Francisco on June 29, 2010. We’ll let you know when we hear confirmed details either way.
According to this article, Kendra Kassebaum (Glinda – San Francisco, Broadway, 1st National Tour) will be departing the San Francisco production of “Wicked” in June. This is in conflict with earlier reports from within the cast that she will be with the show until its closing on September 5, 2010. We will continue to research and keep you updated.
It should be noted that this source is not generally considered to be entirely reliable, however; as it is a media outlet we feel oblgated to report it.
We have heard from a compilation of reliable resources the following. It is still rumor, as it has not been officially confirmed, but the sources we have on this are very good:
- Marcie Dodd (current Elphaba – 2NT; former Elphaba – Broadway; former Nessarose, u/s Elphaba, s/b Elphaba – LA; Ensemble, u/s Elphaba, Nessarose – 1NT) will be closing out the San Francisco production in the role of Elphaba. She will begin performances on June 8.
- Vicki Noon (current Elphaba s/b – San Francisco; former Elphaba s/b – Los Angeles; Ensemble, u/s Elphaba – Chicago) will be replacing Marcie Dodd in the 2nd National Touring Company in coming months. The assumption is that she will be coming in from mid to late May to give Ms. Dodd time for rehearsals in San Francisco.
- Felicia Ricci (current Ensemble; u/s Elphaba – SF) will be taking over as standby for Elphaba in San Francisco.
There is a very substantial rumor that Eden Espinosa (former Elphaba – Broadway, 1st Tour, Los Angeles) will be replacing Teal Wicks (Elphaba – San Francisco, Los Angeles) on March 2, 2010 in the San Francisco production. There is also a not as substantial, but still existent rumor that Jemma Rix (current Elphaba alt. – Sydney) will be replacing Eden after three months.
A poster on WitchesofOz who has in the past had inside information on cast changes posted today that Legally Blonde alumni Andy Karl will be replacing Kevin Kern as Fiyero on Broadway in the next few months. We’ll keep you updated as we hear more!
There are quite a few rumors circulating as to the casting of the West End Production of “Wicked” – set to change on 29th March 2010. The rumors (and nothing more – most of this is just heresy):
- All principal cast are set to leave, as well as Ashleigh Grey (Elphaba s/b).
- Sarah Earnshaw (Glinda s/b) will be staying through.
- Most ensemble will be leaving.
- Rachel Tucker will be Elphaba & Louise Dearman will be Glinda (this is VERY strongly rumored).
Let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you hear anything else plausible! Remember, all of this information is purely RUMOR, hence the “Is It True…?” title.
There is a fairly widespread rumor floating around that Katie Rose Clarke (Glinda – 1NT) will be replacing Erin Mackey (Glinda – Broadway, Chicago; Swing – 1NT) on Broadway on January 18, 2010. This is unconfirmed by anyone’s standards, but I have from a good source that it was being planned for her to return to the tour three months after leaving (meaning around November) and then taking it to Broadway three months later (meaning around February). Said source told me that the touring contract fell through but that the Broadway was still in the works, but not confirmed.
That being said, who knows if it’s true, but my duty is just to tell you what I’ve heard, and that’s what I’ve heard.
According to the official twitter of Alyssa Fox (twitter.com/alyssafox), she is singing for the “Wicked” San Francisco creative team soon…and has several tweets related to “Wicked” recently. Could she be soon joining the cast?
She has an amazing voice; just search her on YouTube and you’ll see what I mean.